We recently connected with Kim Bayne, the super writer/editor behind Street Food Files, an online source for all the latest coverage of the food truck revolution, particularly as it unfolds in Arizona. When I saw her blog post outlining the easy step-by-step process of adding a free menu tab to a food truck’s Facebook fan page, I knew it was just the kind of advice our community of curbside culinarians would appreciate. She generously offered to share her post with us, so if you don’t already have one, find out how to add your free menu tab after the jump …
If you are a Facebook Page administrator, you can share your food truck’s menu on your fan page. Follow these simple steps to add Menutab for Restaurants.
Click the Facebook image to view a quick video or scroll down and read the steps.
- Log in to Facebook then enter Menutab for Restaurants in the top Search box or go directly to the page here. If you search for it, make sure you select the actual App, not the About page.
- If you’re using Facebook as your fan page, you’ll see a “road block” message: Facebook will ask you to switch to your personal profile. Click the Continue as… button.
- Select the Click here to install Menutab link. In some cases, you may not see this link.
- On the Add Menutab for Restaurants…? box, verify the fan page name then click the Add Menutab button.
- On your fan page, scroll down and select the Edit link next to About (on the left-hand side).
- Now click on the Apps link on the left-hand side.
- Scroll down the App Settings list and click on the Menutab for Restaurants > Go to App link.
- On your menu tab page, click the Create Menu button and title your menu.
- Enter a menu category then click the Create Category button.
- Enter the menu item, description and price then click the Create Item button. Repeat for each menu, category or item as needed.
- You can go back and edit anything at any time.
- If you have a large menu, you may wish to choose the Import option instead.
- If you no longer wish to use Menutab, you can remove it in your App Settings list by clicking the X