SOCIAL MEDIA WEEK LONDON FOOD TRUCK CROSS CITY CHALLENGE TWITTER COMPETITION – TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Information on how to enter forms part of these conditions of entry. Participation in this competition constitutes acceptance of these conditions of entry.
2. Entry is open to UK residents only aged 18 years and over, excluding employees of Social Media Week or any other company linked to the competition in any way.
3. To enter, entrants must:
1. Tweet @eatsttweet with the name and/or Twitter handle of the street food vendor, and include the challenge hashtag: #eatsmwldn [10 points]
2. Tweets with the required format (see point no. 1) that also include a photo will earn 30 points
3. Tweets with the required format (see point no. 1) generated from within the free Eat St. iPhone Application will earn 35 points.
4. Social Media Week accepts no responsibility for late, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, corrupted or misdirected entries, claims or correspondence whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction, transmission interruption, communications failure or otherwise.
5. The competition begins at 5pm Friday 21st, September 2012 and ends at 12pm (PST) on Thursday 27th September 2012 (“Contest Period”).
6. The Entrant with the most points earned throughout the Contest Period will be notified within 24 hours on Twitter from the @smwldn account. The Entrant must confirm recognition by 1.) Following @smwldn on Twitter 2.) Sending a direct message to @smwldn including Entrant email address. A member of the Social Media Week London team will email the winner for additional contact information. If a winner does not respond to the Promoter with a direct message including their email address within 24 hours, the Promoter has the right to pick another winner from all valid entries.
7. There are 3 prizes available to be won, consisting of 1 Eat St. Prize Pack and a VISA or Mastercard voucher worth approximately $200 USD- $300 USD (the grand prize will be awarded to the Entrant who earns the most points throughout the Contest Period. The specific value of the voucher is dependent on whether Social Media Week London receives the most overall points against the other three competing cities in the Contest. ) Additional prizes include 1 $100 USD VISA or Mastercard voucher awarded for the best photo of a street food vendor submitted to the Contest (as judged by the Social Media Week London team), and 1 $100US dollar VISA or Mastercard voucher awarded for the best photo of a street food dish submitted to the Contest (as judged by the Social Media Week London team). All prizes will be awarded in the equivalent amount in British Pound Sterlings, as determined by the currency rate that day. There are no cash alternatives to the prize offered. If for any reason the prize is not available, Social Media Week and Invoke reserve the right to substitute another prize for it, in its sole discretion, of equal or higher value.
8. If for any reason the prizes are not delivered to the winners before October 1st, 2012, the Promoter will not be liable and will do their utmost to deliver prizes as quickly as possible after Oct. 1, 2012.
9. All winners must, at the Promoter’s request, participate in all promotional activity (such as publicity and photography) surrounding the winning of the prizes, free of charge, and they consent to the Promoter using their names and images in promotional material.
10. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to accept and/or to remove from the website’s displaying materials any entries the Promoter deems, at its sole discretion, to be defamatory, threatening, distasteful, racist, unlawful, or otherwise objectionable or entries that do not comply with the terms set out herein. If any element of an entry breaches these terms, the Promoter has the right to reject the whole entry.
11. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this competition or accepting or using the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (including personal injury, death and fraud) in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law.
12. The promoter is Social Media Week London (the ‘Promoter’) whose address is 77 Hatton Garden, Farringdon, London, EC1N 8JS