The “Social Media Week Food Truck Cross City Challenge” (the “Contest”), is sponsored by Invoke, with its principal place of business at 300 – 1 Alexander Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada, V6A 1B2 (“Sponsor”). The Contest is hosted and organized by Social Media Week, with its principal place of business at Tubefilter, Inc, 5405 Wilshire Blvd Ste 270, Los Angeles, CA 90036 (“Organizer”). The Contest is void where prohibited. By entering the Contest, a person becomes an “Entrant” and, in consideration of Sponsor and Organizer agreeing to permit the Entrant’s participation in the Contest, the Entrant accepts and agrees to be fully bound by these Official Rules.
Except for Organizer and Sponsor, no use of any trade-mark, trade name, logo or brand name implies sponsorship by, or any association with, any other organizations or entities, including (but not limited to) Facebook, Inc. All trade-marks and copyrights are property of their respective owners.
How to Enter
No purchase is necessary to enter or win the Contest. The Contest begins on September 22, 2012, at 12:00:00 a.m. Pacific time and ends on September 27, 2012 at 12:00:00 pm Pacific Time (the “Entry Period”), after which the winners will be announced then contacted as set out in these Official Rules. In order for Entrants’ submissions to be deemed valid, they must meet the following criteria:
1.) Tweet @eatsttweet
2.) Include the name and/or Twitter handle of the food cart
3.) Include the designated challenge hashtag for Entrant’s city
- Vancouver: #eatsmwvan
- Chicago: #eatsmwchicago
- Los Angeles: #eatsmwla
Entries received fulfilling the above criteria will be awarded 10 points per entry.There are no limits per user, per entry.
Additional points will be allocated to entries that include a photo of a street food vendor or street food dish (30 points) and to entries generated directly from the free Eat St. iPhone Application (35 points).
Eligibility: The “Social Media Week Food Truck Cross City Challenge” (the “Contest”) is open only to legal residents of Canada (Excluding residents of Quebec) and the 50 United States (a) are of legal age of majority in your jurisdiction of residence (at least 18 years of age or older), (b) have an active email account and Internet access as of the beginning of the Contest Period. Employees of Invoke (“Sponsor), and Social Media Week (“Organizer”) and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotion agencies, and members of their immediate family (spouse, parents, children, siblings and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside), and/or those persons living in the same households of each, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter, play or win the Contest. Other eligibility requirements and conditions of participation are set forth below in these official rules for the Contest (“Official Rules”).
- Contest start date of September 22nd, 2012 at 12:00am (PST) and a contest end date of September 27th, 2012 at 12:00pm (PST)
- Winner announced within 7 days of contest end date.
Entrants residing in the Social Media Week city with the highest total number of points will be eligible to receive:
Grand prize (1st place): Eat St. Prize Pack + $300 Whole Foods gift card
2nd place: Eat St. Prize Pack + $200 Whole Foods gift card
3rd place: Eat St. Prize pack + $100 Whole Foods gift card
Entrants residing in the remaining Social Media Week cities will be eligible to receive:
1st place: Eat St. Prize Pack + $200 Whole Foods gift card
2nd place: Eat St. Prize Pack + $100 Whole Foods gift card
3rd place: Eat St. Prize Pack + $50 Whole Foods gift card
Additionally, Entrants from each participating Social Media Week city are eligible to win in the following prize categories:
Best photo of a street food vendor (to be judged by individual SMW teams)
Winning city’s winner: $100 gift card
Remaining cities’ winners: $50 gift card
Best photo of a street food dish (to be judged by individual SMW teams)
Winning city’s winner: $100 gift card
Remaining cities’ winners: $50 gift card
Odds of winning the Contest will depend on the number of Entries received. The Grand Prizes will be awarded by each participating Social Media Week city’s team, based on their discretion. The Grand Prizes will be announced on Twitter by the relevant Social Media Week city from their designated Twitter account (@smwvan, @smwla, @smwchicago) within 7 days of the Contest close date. At which point, the Entrant must follow the relevant Twitter account and Direct Message that account with their email address. A member from the relevant Social Media Week team will contact the Entrant for further information. Actual retail value may vary. Winning Entrants will not receive the difference between actual and approximate retail value as non exists. There will be no substitutions (whether cash or otherwise) for prizes, subject to the following provisions. Prizes awarded are non-transferable and may not be exchanged or redeemed for cash, sold, or traded. Sponsor and Organizer reserve the right to substitute a prize, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. Failure to accept a prize within seven (7) days of notification of award constitutes forfeiture of the prize. If forfeited, the next highest points-earning entrant will be selected as the winner. See “Conditions and Restrictions” below.
Conditions and Restrictions Apply
Each entrant’s participation in the Contest shall be deemed to be such person’s complete acceptance of the terms and conditions set out in these Official Rules. In addition to the above:
1. By submitting an Entry, each Entrant agrees to and thereby waives any and all moral rights that exist in such Entry and any derivative works made there from.
2. By submitting an Entry, each Entrant represents, warrants and undertakes to Sponsor and Organizer that the Entry (i) is his or her own original work and that you have the sole right to submit it to the Site; (ii) does not violate in any way rights of third parties including copyright and other intellectual property rights; and (iii) does not violate any applicable laws.
3. No Entry may include any content whatsoever which would reasonably be understood to be defamatory, threatening, distasteful, racist, unlawful or otherwise objectionable.
4. Sponsor and Organizer reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at any time and at their sole discretion.
5. Entrants agree to grant to Sponsor and Organizer an everlasting, royalty-free, assignable, sole license to use, utilize, replicate, alter, adapt, modify, publish, broadcast, translate, produce derivative works from, distribute, present, play, sublicense and exercise all copyright and other intellectual property rights with respect to the Entry worldwide in perpetuity and to include such Entry or derivative works thereof in other works in any media now known or later created. Each Entrant agrees that the foregoing grants Sponsor and Organizer permission to make available and display/perform and otherwise distribute Entrant’s name and Entry in all media in perpetuity without compensation. Except where legally prohibited, submission of an Entry into the Contest constitutes permission for Sponsor and Organizer to use the Entrant’s name, photograph, likeness, voice, address (city and province/state) and testimonials, in printed, broadcast or new media, in perpetuity, in any manner they deem appropriate in connection with promoting the Entry, the Contest, Sponsor or Organizer, without further compensation or the prize awarded.
6. Each Entrant is responsible to secure permission from all talent included in the Entry. Sponsor and Organizer assume no responsibility for royalties or fees, if any, associated with talent performances in the Entries.
7. Neither Sponsor nor Organizer assume responsibility for lost or late Entries or for incomplete computer transmissions or technical failures.
8. Each of Sponsor and Organizer reserve the right not to accept Entries that are considered inappropriate for the Site in their sole discretion.
9. Winning Entrants are subject to verification by Sponsor and Organizer, whose decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. An Entrant is not a winner of any prize unless until Entrant’s eligibility has been verified and Entrant has been notified that verification is complete.
10. Winners will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes. Sponsor and Organizer will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one-year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winners will receive a Form 1099 from Sponsor or Organizer if Sponsor or Organizer reports any winnings to the Internal Revenue Service.
Limitation on Liability, Releases and Indemnities
1. If any Entrant breaches any of representations, warranties, covenants or undertakings contained herein, each of Sponsor and Organizer, or both, shall be entitled to and may seek indemnification from such participant for recovery of all legal fees, damages, claims and other expenses that may be incurred by Sponsor, Organizer or their respective affiliated entities as a result of such breach.
2. Each Entrant agrees to indemnify Sponsor and Organizer from any third party claims arising from or related to that Entrant’s participation in the Contest. By participating, entrants agree that Sponsor, Organizer involved in the development, production, implementation and distribution of this Contest and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, service providers, and agencies, and their directors, officers, agents, employees, attorneys, and any other person or entity associated with such entities and/or this Contest (collectively, the “Released Parties”) shall not be liable for any and all claims, damages, losses or injuries, of any kind whatsoever and howsoever arising (including any third party claims, death and bodily injury, property damage and claims for any direct, punitive, special, indirect, incidental or consequential damages and all attorneys’ fees relating to the foregoing) (collectively, “Claims”), arising from or relating to, in whole or in part, this the Contest or these Official Rules, including entry and participation in the Contest and acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prizes. Each Entrant further agrees that in the event of any third party Claims arising from or relating to this the Contest, such Entrant will indemnify the Released Parties from any and all such Claims. None of the Released Parties shall be responsible for any technical malfunctions of the telephone network, computer online system, computer equipment, software, program malfunctions or other failures, delayed computer transactions or network connections that are human, mechanical or technical in nature, or any combination thereof, including any injury.
3. Entrants are liable for any copyright infringements caused by their Entries, an indemnity for which is included in the above paragraph. Each of Sponsor and Organizer reserve the right to request evidence of permission or original work as a condition to permitting any Entry to be entered into or remain in the Contest; however, nothing in the foregoing shall impart on either of them the responsibility to do so.